Saturday, January 16, 2016

Day 1 of 21 - What is a Mizpah? Let go!

Arise & Shine for the glory of the Lord has risen among you.  Isaiah 60:1



Day one of 21 of my Daniel Fast, I would like to share a journal entry dated:


October 5, 2015

I am fasting for breakthrough in my life.  I am fasting to hear you, O Lord.  I am desperate to hear from Heaven.  I was determined to have a visitation from my Lord.  I started soaking in God's presence as I laid down on the floor of the church.

I was seeking the Lord.  I was telling my soul to be still...I waited...I listened. 

I began hearing, "You have been walking on eggshells.  You have a broken heart.  It's like a green-stick fracture in a bone.  My heart has been like a green-stick fractured bone.



I began to see a broken heart.  It was cracked right down the center.  I heard the Lord say, "You have only been functioning in half hearted mode instead of whole-heartedness.  Tears began flowing and I drew what I was seeing in my journal.  It's similar to the picture below minus the people...but it has the same exact meaning.

                   Mark 10:8

I began to hear the words:  "Let go my soul and trust in Him.  The waves and wind still know His name." -Kristen DiMarco

I began praying to the Lord and decreeing to my soul:

--Redeem my writing                                     ----Restore Creativity
--Redeem my dancing                                    ----Restore me to WHOLENESS
--Redeem my dreaming                                  ----REDEEMING POWER OF GOD
--My gifts have laid dormant.                              break off my chains.

"It will be scary to get out of the place of dormancy, but on the other side is Glory." -Sheila

I will Follow You, Lord!  I will Trust You!

I had gotten a prophecy from Ivan Allum from June 2008...He spoke this to me:

You know, when you came up here, honey, I kept seeing this word and I want you to know that the Lord is taking it off right now.  But the word was ‘doormat.’  The Lord says, dear, “I’m breaking that off of you.  That’s not gonna be there after today; amen. 

A day is like a thousand to the Lord.  I believe that word was for this very day of great revelation and understanding.  When I heard the word dormant...I also heard doormat

I had been dormant in my call and destiny from God because I had allowed myself to be a doormat in the midst of my brokenness.  Wow! Thank you, Father, whom the son sets free is FREE indeed!


The Lord spoke other things into my spirit...I left that day and I just couldn't shake off that picture of the broken heart.  The next morning I woke up and began seeking and praying and talking to the Lord.  The word 'mizpah' dropped into my spirit.  I said back, "Mizpah?"  So I went and did a word search on Mizpah.  Guess what it took me to?


Dude!!!  It's a broken heart!  I sat there and was like, 'whoa!'  Ya know, when you set yourself apart and consecrate your time to the Lord and set your heart towards understanding and seeking his will for your life, he is so faithful to bring the wisdom and knowledge needed for that season in your life.  In doing a search on the word MIZAH, I went to Wikipedia. This was the entry for the word.

Mizpah is Hebrew for "watchtower." As mentioned in the Bible, it marked an agreement between two men, with God as their witness.

Jacob had secretly fled the house of Laban, his father-in-law, in the middle of the night, taking flocks of animals, all his other assets, and his two wives and their children (the daughters and grandchildren of Laban) with him, intending never to return. Laban discovered this and pursued Jacob. After discussion, the two decided to formalize the separation.

Laban admitted that his daughters had voluntarily left, saying "(W)hat can I do to these daughters or to the children which they have bore?" (Genesis 31:43). He agreed to let Jacob go in peace, but exacted a promise from Jacob to never abuse his daughters or take additional wives (Genesis 31:50).
The two men then determined to erect a watchtower, a Mizpah, to commemorate this promise, even though no person was present other than the two men when it was made, for "God is witness between you and me." Both of the men also agreed that they would consider the mizpah a border between their respective territories, and that would not pass the watchtower to visit one another "to do evil" (Genesis 31:52).



Since that time, the mizpah has come to connote an emotional bond between people who are separated (either physically or by death). Mizpah jewelry is often made in the form of a coin-shaped pendant cut in two with a zig-zag line bearing the words "The LORD watch between me and thee, when we are absent one from another" (Genesis 31:49). This is worn to signify the bond. Additionally, the word "mizpah" can often be found on headstones in cemeteries and on other memorials. From Genesis 31:49 of the Bible

And Mizpah; for he said, The Lord watch between me and thee, when we are absent one from another.

Let's reflect on Jacob and Laban's Mizpah agreement.  Laban had tricked Jacob.  Jacob labored for him for seven years.  He was then deceived into marrying Rebecca.  Jacob loved Rachel.  He agreed to labor for Laban another seven years for Rachel.  After 14 years, Jacob married Rachel.  Laban had proved himself to be a man lacking integrity and full of trickery.  So Jacob, also known as a supplanter, skipped out on Laban; denying him of his daughters and grandchildren.  Jacob wasn't going to return...Laban decided to pursue Jacob...Laban eventually overtook Jacob.

Read the entire chapter in Genesis 31 to get the full story of why Jacob fled Laban. 

Genesis 31:44-50 ESV -44 Come now, let us make a covenant, you and I. And let it be a witness between you and me.” 45 So Jacob took a stone and set it up as a pillar. 46 And Jacob said to his kinsmen, “Gather stones.” And they took stones and made a heap, and they ate there by the heap. 47 Laban called it Jegar-sahadutha,[d] but Jacob called it Galeed.[e] 48 Laban said, “This heap is a witness between you and me today.” Therefore he named it Galeed, 49 and Mizpah,[f] for he said, “The Lord watch between you and me, when we are out of one another's sight. 50 If you oppress my daughters, or if you take wives besides my daughters, although no one is with us, see, God is witness between you and me.”

Genesis 31:49 (KJV)-And Mizpah; for he said, The LORD watch between me and thee, when we are absent one from another.


Mizpah = "watchtower"

the Lord (watch) -tsaphah-to look out or about, spy, keep watch, observe, watch

God is our witness...God is our protector.  He is our kinsman redeemer.  I knew that I knew he was keeping watch over my heart.  He was covering me and keeping me covered under the shadow of His wings. 

Psalm 34:17-19 -17The righteous cry, and the LORD hears And delivers them out of all their troubles. 18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all.…


Father,
I let go of Disappointment
I let go of Setbacks
I let go of Resentment
I let go of Failure
I let go of Loss
I let go of Limitation
I let go of regret
I let go of stagnation
I let go of mindsets

Fine-tune me Lord.  It's time to rise above hurdles, even if it's stepping over them slowly.  They will not stop me from pushing forward with Courage and Hope.  I will step over obstacles one by one, not looking back.  Slow and steady with grace and mercy.  I will rise above road blocks and great divides. I will be stretched but if I only believe I can, I will.  I bless those who curse me.  I love those who hurt me.  Mercy and grace be upon their heads. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment